The sales and marketing executive is responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing, and product development programs, both short and long term, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement strategic marketing and sales plans , as well as forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develop and manage sales/marketing operating budgets.
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitor competitor products, sales, and marketing activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guide preparation of marketing activity reports and present to executive management.
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
- Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
- Direct market channel development activity and coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Meet with key clients, assist sales representative with maintaining relationships, and negotiate and close deals.
- Coordinate liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyze and control expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assist other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Review and analyze sales performance against programs, quotes, and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Direct product research and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, or business administration or equivalent number of years of experience.
- At least 2 years of related experience with progressive management experience.
- Business acumen
- Communication proficiency
- Customer/client focus
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving/analysis
- Results driven
- Strategic thinking
- Technical capacity
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.